COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Outdoor Advertising and Signage By-law, 2019
- Published in Government Gazette no. 8177 on 15 November 2019
- Commenced on 15 November 2019
- [Up to date as at 9 October 2020]
2. The exhibition of temporary advertisements
3. Prohibited signs
4. Application and appeal procedures
5. Technical requirements for signage
|a. Words of up to 8 letters, inclusive||1 bit|
|b. Numbers of up to 4 digits, inclusive||0.5 bit|
|c. Numbers of 5 – 8 digits||1 bit|
|d. Symbol, logo or abbreviation||0.5 bit|
6. Offences and penalties
7. Short title and commencementThis by-law shall be known as the Matzikama Municipality: By-law relating to Outdoor Advertising and Signage and shall come into operation on the date of publication thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
15 November 2019 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 8177By-law commences.