COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Outdoor Advertising and Signage By-law, 2019
- Published in Government Gazette no. 8177 on 15 November 2019
- Commenced on 15 November 2019
- [This is the version of this document from 15 November 2019 and includes any amendments published up to 13 May 2022.]
PreambleTo provide a set of regulations governing the use of land and buildings for outdoor advertising and signage and for matters incidental thereto.
2. The exhibition of temporary advertisements
3. Prohibited signs
4. Application and appeal procedures
5. Technical requirements for signage
|a. Words of up to 8 letters, inclusive||1 bit|
|b. Numbers of up to 4 digits, inclusive||0.5 bit|
|c. Numbers of 5 – 8 digits||1 bit|
|d. Symbol, logo or abbreviation||0.5 bit|
6. Offences and penalties
7. Short title and commencementThis by-law shall be known as the Matzikama Municipality: By-law relating to Outdoor Advertising and Signage and shall come into operation on the date of publication thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
15 November 2019 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 8177By-law commences.